18th Century combat

18th Century combat

Sunday, December 11, 2011

My first Napoleonic unit - French Revolutionary Period

Last time I gave you a picture of an individual figure I had painted.  This time I have the whole unit.  The figures are from Elite Miniatures' 30mm Collector Series 1796 range.  I do like these figures as they are very easy to paint up and they look good enmass.  Next I hope to paint up either some Austrians from the same line or some Austrian cavalry from the gorgeus Eureka Miniatures 28mm line (Wars of the French Revolution).  I won't mix the two lines in the same unit but I think both will look good together on the table.  And now on to those pictures.....















You'll see the mix of headgear offered by Elite which gives a nice 'rough' look to the unit as these are suppose to represent the French between 1796 and 1800.  I think I could even carry them through to 1806 if I want to.  You might have to squint for any tarleton's but I won't have many of them.  The flag is by the dude himself - The Flag Dude.  The officer's horse was done totally with oils.  I plan on using Revolution to Empire by Barry Hilton as the rules for our games.  On to the next unit.....

5 comments:

  1. Greg,

    great looking unit! If I still lived in ATL I would paint a brigade so I could play with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very nice, they do look the part. My pal Richard's painting up the French and Austrian using mainly Elite figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful...I do love the flag, to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done, wish I was close enough to have a game when you get them going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interested to see what the Elite figures will look like against the Eureka mini's as i have been pondering both for a while. Nice work by the way

    ReplyDelete